2017 was a year of major advancements and breakthroughs in the technology industry. Here are some of the highlights from that year:
- The Rise of Cryptocurrencies: Cryptocurrencies, led by Bitcoin, gained significant momentum in 2017. Bitcoin’s value reached an all-time high, sparking a surge of interest in digital currencies and blockchain technology.
- Artificial Intelligence Advances: Artificial intelligence made major strides in 2017, with companies such as Google and Amazon announcing new AI-powered products and services.
- Smart Home Devices: The trend of smart home devices continued to grow in 2017, with the introduction of new products such as Amazon’s Echo Show and Google Home Mini.
- Augmented Reality: Augmented reality made significant progress in 2017, with the launch of the iPhone X and its TrueDepth camera, as well as the introduction of ARKit for developers.
- Self-Driving Cars: Self-driving cars continued to make headlines in 2017, with companies such as Waymo and Uber testing their autonomous vehicle technology on the roads.
- The Internet of Things: The Internet of Things (IoT) continued to expand in 2017, with the launch of new IoT devices such as smart locks and smart lights.
- Virtual Reality: Virtual reality experienced a resurgence in 2017, with the launch of several new VR headsets, including the Oculus Go and the HTC Vive Pro.
- 5G Technology: The development of 5G technology accelerated in 2017, with companies such as Qualcomm and Ericsson announcing new 5G devices and network solutions.
Overall, 2017 was a year of significant change and growth in the tech industry, with several major advancements that set the stage for continued innovation in the years to come.